Chegg is an American Education Technology that provides its customers 24/7 access to rent or buy digital and physical copies of books, take online tutoring sessions and opt for many other student services. Chegg was founded in the year 2005, by a group of Iowa University Students. As of now, it has over 2.9 million subscribers and is a constantly growing organization.
Although Chegg has a wide variety of services to offer, many users often look out for ways to delete their Chegg account . There are several why, some of them include:
- Users receive promotional emails or communications from the company (To avoid this you can unsubscribe from emails or can move all Chegg emails to the spam folder).
- Users subscribed to a service and are being constantly charged for it. Assuming that there is no way out, they often believe that deleting their Chegg account would end the subscription charges.
- Users no longer require services from Chegg.
Whatever your reason might be, follow the below guide on how to delete Chegg account easily.
How to delete Chegg Account?
As mentioned earlier, deleting your Chegg account is not straightforward, but you have nothing to worry about. We’ve got you covered!
First, verify if you are looking to cancel your subscription or close your Chegg Account. Remember that closing/deleting your Chegg Account, deletes your customer profile and you cannot use the Chegg services again.
Prior to deleting your Chegg account, you must ensure that all active subscriptions have been cancelled. If any of your subscriptions are still active, your Chegg account cannot be deleted. To check and cancel active subscriptions follow the steps mentioned under “How do I cancel my Chegg subscription?” at the bottom of the article.
The below mentioned are two methods you can use to delete Chegg Account.
Method 1: How to delete Chegg Account via Chegg Website
Follow the below mentioned steps on How to delete Chegg Account via Chegg website
- Login to Chegg official site with your username and password.
- Close all pending transactions and active subscriptions if any by following the steps mentioned above.
- Navigate to the Chegg -> My Account.
- Click on the ‘Chat Icon‘ / ‘Contact Us‘ button at the right-hand corner of the page as shown in the below image.
- Click on ‘I want to close my Account.‘
- If you have any pending subscriptions, cancel them by clicking on ‘CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION‘ else proceed by clicking on ‘Chat with an advocate.’
- Answer the relevant question asked to you and state that you want to delete your Chegg Account.
Method 2 : How to delete Chegg Account via sending an E-mail
- Log in to the email account that you have registered with Chegg. Remember, you can send an email with any account that you own. Make sure to include the details of your Chegg account in that email.
- You will need to compose an email and make it out to [email protected]
- You can keep the Subject as “REQUEST FOR CHEGG ACCOUNT DELETION.”
- In the body section of the email, write about why you want to delete your account and request for deletion. I have given a sample template below.